Supplementary Spanish Warmblood, Appendix Section A, Appendix Section B
Required documents to process approvals:
- Registration Application for applicant horse
- Copy of registration certificates for sire and dam
- Full set of current, clear, colour photos (see guidelines)
- Registration Fee
click here for the link to the ISWHA Handbook Registration forms
Applicant horses will be assessed by the Registration Officer to ensure that the horse meets the criteria for registration. If the horse is approved, Registration papers will be granted. If the horse is not approved, a 50% refund of the registration fee will be issued along with a letter stating why the horse was not approved.
Supplementary Spanish Warmblood – Open to horses who has one parent which is a registered Andalusian, Lusitano, or Lipizzaner, (crosses within the Andalusian, Lipizzaner, and Lusitano are permitted,) and the other parent is at least 25% thoroughbred. Owners must provide proof of parentage and horses must pass inspection.
Appendix Section A– Any horse who has passed inspection and meets the requirements for the Spanish Warmblood Breeding Criteria (rule xx) AND is either:
- Registered in the registry of, or proving a minimum 50% blood from, a registered Thoroughbred, Andalusian, Lusitano, Lipizzaner, Kladruby, Knabstrupper, Connemara, Irish Draught, or Trakehner.
- Any horse with 50% PSW or SW breeding.
Appendix Section B -Any horse who has passed inspection and meets the criteria of the Spanish Warmblood breeding program. These horses must meet inspection criteria for type, movement, conformation, and temperament. Open to most light horse breeds.